domingo, 29 de noviembre de 2015

The power of the music


Hello everyone J



Some days ago I was wondering how I could attract my students´ attention in a fruitful way. I was looking for something that they find interesting and make them learn English in an easier way at the same time. And then I remember one of my favourite English classes at high school: when I was in 3rd of ESO, every semester we had to choose a song in English and sing it in front of the class in groups. We had to learn its lyrics very well and it made me start listening to music in English and getting more and more familiar with it. These kinds of classes were also classes that everybody was looking forward.


Taking this experience into account I started to think ways of using English music when teaching ESL students. Here you have some examples:


·        Selecting a song for every grammar lesson containing the grammar structures we are teaching.
·        Selecting songs related with the vocabulary that we are studying. It can be a way of evaluating listening skill and vocabulary at the same time.
·        Selecting a song our students seem to like as starting points for attracting our students´ attention at the beginning of the class.
·        Selecting a song our students seem to like to finish our class in a relaxing way after having worked hard.
·        Of course, we can also use the activity I already mentioned as it was a very positive experience.

I am sure that we can find many other ways to use music in our class. I encourage you to use music and find another ways to use it. Maybe planning some karaoke party could sound amazing. Let´s the le music teach!

 See u all around,

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario